Willow Historical & Wildlife Foundation
The purpose of The Foundation is to:
- create and maintain a museum utilizing the old log Willow Community Center building in its present location
- place and keep the building on the National, State and Borough Registries of Historic Buildings.
The purpose of the museum shall be to:
- collect, preserve, research, interpret, and exhibit the history and wildlife of Willow and the Willow Creek mining district
- promote and develop educational programs which will showcase our regional heritage for visitors and enrich the curricula of our local schools
- establish an exchange program to enable sharing information and exhibits with other museums and historical associations within Alaska.
President: Madeline Gocke – firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Jim Huston – email@example.com
Treasurer: Robin Baker
Secretary: Kathy Huston
Directors at Large: Mark Merrill, Talon Boeve, Hermann Spegel
The WHWF is taking the summer off. Our next meeting will be at 7:00 PM on September 12, 2018, in the new Community Center. Everyone is welcome.
The old log building is now owned by the Mat-Su Borough and will be undergoing renovations and repairs in the coming months.